Arbor Hills received a violation from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality on April 29, 2016.
According to the DEQ, Arbor Hills also had a fire in a gas well on the south side. This was due to the greater vacuum pulling in oxygen into that well. The well melted. The landfill added cover, which snuffed out the smoldering fire. They have decreased the vacuum to that area to push out any oxygen and will need to replace the well. This could contribute to odors until this area is fixed and the vacuum reestablished in that area.
See the violation.